Despedidas

The first week after arriving back in Viçosa passed by very quickly. I arrived back in Viçosa after 4 AM, that night or what was left of it I couldn't sleep... Because of the freezing cold, there was a freezing cold wind, Viçosa's weather was really colder than 2 weeks before. It was kind of a shock to step from the nice warm climate of Rio de Janeiro into this cold. I didn't expect I would experience this in Brazil, but he Brazil likes to surprise you. With little sleep I had that same day a forró party to end this semester and the week! Ending the week with dancing is a good way to and the week, you should try! 😄


The first 2 days back on my internship were unexpected busy. We needed to peel the dried skin of the coffee cherries. Luckily there is a machine for it, but nevertheless it took a whole day! The second day we needed to weight the beans following various ways. But afterwards I could finally start writing on my rapport again. And I'm happy to say I delivered my concept rapport to my professor! Now just work hard to finish the whole rapport.

Pollyanna a friend of me invited me to go drink something at a local bar which was apparently well known in Viçosa. And maybe with a reason, the owner likes to shock his customers. With shocking I mean when you are in a nice conversation, he throws a wooden bar flat on the ground behind you. Or with some people or depends on what you ordered he throws drinking glasses and people who ordered need to catch them to drink or if it falls you need to pay... 

One day after lunch I saw a wild fire really close to the university area, the flames were big but the fire area not. It surprised me to see everybody so calm like it is the most common thing in the world. I went to the location of the fire to see how Viçosa was to solve this fire problem. To my surprise there was no one who was trying to extinguish the fire. There were just standing a few people and watched. I joined them for a while until one of the spectators decided to do something about the fire. He took a garden hose and together we were extinguishing the fire. 
The time of saying goodbye has arrived, when I was on my vacation one of the Colombian girls went. And now the second week almost all of the exchange students are leaving. A lot of goodbyes and beautiful word, memories and invites. For those who read my blog, I hope to see you again one day somewhere in this little planet. We exchange students had organized a farewell party before the majority went traveling. With enough alcohol, emotions, photo's, video's and friends the party was well done and I think everybody can look back to this party with beautiful memory and emotions. I only want to say, this don't need to be the last time we see each other. The world became small with current technology and we can always keep in touch! To my friends who are traveling now, I say:

  • Les deseo a todos suerte y esperamos verlos de nuevo pronto en cualquier parte del mundo. Un abrazo brasileño y adiós!
  • Vi auguro tutta la fortuna e spero di vederti presto in qualsiasi parte del mondo. Un abbraccio brasiliano e addio!
  • Desejo-lhe toda a sorte e espero vê-lo novamente em qualquer lugar do mundo. Um abraço brasileiro e adeus!
  • Je vous souhaite beaucoup de chance et j'espère vous revoir bientôt n'importe où dans le monde. Une étreinte brésilienne et au revoir!
Credits to Andrea (Italian) who made this awesome picture beautiful displaying where we come from!
Coming week there will be a big event going on, it's called Semana do fazendero. Now they are preparing it and there are a lot of tents. During this event all kinds of farm stuff is exposed, including animals, big farm machines and other stuff. I sure will go there! 

Comments

  1. Aftellen geblazen dus! Met de nodige "mixed" emotions lijkt mij. Enerzijds happy om weer naar huis te gaan maar ook treurig om je nieuwe vrienden te moeten missen.
    Uit ervaring weet ik dat deze internationale vriendschappen heel diep gaan en meestal voor "life time" zijn. Het is niet voor niks dat wij elkaar elke 5 jaar trouw weer zien en dat sinds bijna 30 jaar.
    Goed om mee te maken hoe jij in die 6 maanden "gegroeid" bent en ik heb het gevoel dat dit niet je laatste verre reis is.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. weer een leuke blog bart , keep on going. maar het einde is wel inzicht. geniet er nog van de tijd die je nog daar bent.gr papa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Brazilian Culture

The Creation of your Lovely Cup Coffee

The Brazilian way