This is the end...

After an unforgettable weekend in Rio to end the unforgettable time I had in Brazil. It was time for me, Katinka and Lucas to fly back to the Netherlands. Now it's about a week ago we traveled back to the Netherlands. And I must say it's strange being back here. 

At the airport we met Micael, he is going to do an internship abroad in the U.S.A. We had a good time together at the airport and with the shirt Micael gave me we took picture like a "true" Flamingo supporter is supposed to do 😜. After a final good goodbye to my good friend Micael at the airport (his gate was conceitedly close to ours) we stept on our plane. Surprisingly we didn't need to wait long before departure. We had a relax flight and because of a storm above the Amazone we got some extra wind in our back and arrived even 30 minutes earlier (I believe). At the Schiphol airport I was welcomed by my mother, sister and dog!!!! 😀 It was a very good and warm welcome. With classical Dutch weather (such a rainy day) we drove back home with the - I would say - luxury of the highways (120 km/h wroeemm....). 
Because I didn't sleep at the airplane which was a night flight I was very tired that day and slept very well that night. But in the following days I felt somewhat the effect of the jetlag, I was kind of tired during morning and couldn't fall asleep at night. But the "jetlag" isn't the hardest part...

It's difficult to describe what exactly is to get used to again here in the Netherlands. But it's different, so much structure, time driven schedules again and the people... they are different here... 😅 
And also those people I met in Brazil and who became my friends with whom I spent a lot of time with I miss. It's strange the time difference and not seeing them anymore. All we have is maintain contact by WhatsApp and Skype, I hope to see them one day again. 

Brazil was special for me, I like to call it the country of "my firsts". In Brazil, I did so many things and had many experiences which were my first time. I didn't expect all that to happen in Brazil and I had a unforgettable experience. I would recommend all who read my blog and thinking about going abroad, go abroad not in Europe but beyond European borders. Experiencing a totally new culture, dive into it, meet new people and make friendships for life and more. Brazil you surprised me, I lost my heart 💗 in Brazil (didn't expect this to say). 
The sun goes down, to create new horizons.
All things in life come to an end, all to make new horizons possible.
All we need to do is take those possibilities.
But some ends are not ment to be eternal and will reconnect in the future.

One last thanks goes to the Ambassadors program which I really enjoyed. Without them my stay in Viçosa would be more difficult and it's a great way to meet the other exchange students! Also, you learn more about Viçosa and Brazil with the trips and other activities they organized, and not to forget the parties of the ambassadors were among the best. And now something fun to mention, I too have to prove myself to be a good ambassador! I will help a Brazilian student from UFV with all she need at my school HAS University of Applied Sciences as the first ambassador of my school to receive a Brazilian student! I already feel the pressure on my shoulders... 😄

I want to thank all who committed to read all my blogs! My blog has been viewed more than 2800 times! With a very wide audience all over the world, 51% from the Netherlands, 33% Brazil, 5% U.S.A. and smaller percentages from Canada, Denmark, Russia 😲😲, Germany, Ireland, United Arab Emirates and Belgium. Thanks again for all your support!

Friends Never Say Goodbye (Elton John) 

                👆👆 WATCH!! 👆👆

Comments

  1. aaaah, het is ook moeilijk, net alsof je met een kater thuis zit.
    Succes met alles Bart!
    Je blog was superleuk!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Brazilian Culture

The Brazilian way

Brazilian vacation